Thanks for your interest in writing for Marketing Binder. We are building a community of professional marketers who want to contribute their knowledge while promoting their expertise and helping other marketers and business owners succeed in their roles.
Please read this guide before submitting an article. It includes an overview of topics we cover, the types of content we publish, and how and what to submit with your content.
Topics We Cover
Our Target Audience: Marketing Binder focuses on small to mid-sized business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing-related content. We also accept topics that apply to the broader field of marketing.
The following are topics we cover. If your content submission piece does not follow any of the topics below or content types (see next section), we are unlikely to publish your work.
- General Marketing Topics
- Demand Generation and Management
- Search Engine Marketing (this includes SEO strategy)
- Email Marketing
- Ethics in Marketing
- Consumer Behavior (Psychology as it relates to marketing)
- Collateral Design (Logo, Letterhead, and other Business Collateral Design Topics)
- Marketing Communications Strategy
- Customer Experience
- Marketing Operations and Management
- Marketing Analytics, Metrics, and Measurement
- Marketing Strategy
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Communications Strategy
- Agile Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Competitive Analysis
- Career advice for Marketing Professionals
- Video Marketing
Types of Content We Publish
The following are the types of content Marketing Binder publishes:
- How-to articles and Videos
- Thought-leadership articles (op/ed types of articles that are readers find insightful
- Summaries of research findings based on surveys, polls, or academic or business research
- Video Courses (Video courses are part of our continued community expansion. Authors will set their pricing for each course they create. Marketing Binder will begin accepting video courses in June 2021 for their Spring 2021 launch date.
How To Get Published on Marketing Binder
The timeline to publish your content may take 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the number of submissions we receive weekly. To increase your chances of getting your content published, please follow our publication guidelines below.
- Write from an objective viewpoint and convey valuable how-to information to the reader. Focus on practical advice, actionable tips, and helpful know-how about a specific marketing topic or marketing approach (see the topic list above). Bullet points are good. Meandering text is not.
- Articles must be at least 800 words, but not much more than 1,400. Feel free to include visual aids like images, charts, graphs, and videos (provide the link to the video)—but only if they help convey a point.
- Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere. (Infographics and video can have appeared elsewhere.)
- Include a brief bio of 25 words, including LinkedIn and Twitter contact info, if available, and a recent headshot (make sure the upper half of your torso is also in the picture).
- Include relevant links immediately preceding the words to be linked (the anchor text); do not embed the anchor text links (but feel free to underline that anchor text).
- Submit articles as Microsoft Word files, sent as email attachments (not as a PDF or other file type; not as a Google Doc or similar format link; and not pasted into the body of your email).
- If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies you have a vested interest in, disclose as much to us and the audience.
- Marketing Binder will create an audio version to accompany your article.
What Happens When Your Article Gets Selected for Publication
- Our editing team will edit your article for clarity and brevity and conform to the Marketing Binder style.
- We suggest that you provide several alternative headlines as we often change your headline.
- The author retains copyright and may republish the article on his/her personal or company blog or site after Marketing Binder publishes the article.
- Marketing Binder may reprint your piece or excerpts, with full attribution, in Marketing Binder products, including marketing materials.
- We do not pay guest contributors for their articles.
- Authors who publish on our Medium platform publication can earn money as a Medium partner.
- Please be patient as our publication time can vary due to the number of submissions received.
Please send your submissions to our Publication Team (email@example.com) Include in the subject line of your email, “Marketing Binder Contribution.”